Thanksgiving Apple Pies!

Okay, so I only have a few minutes to post because I'm about to go do round 3 of Thanksgiving dinner... If I see any more turkey or mashed potatoes I might get sick. Seriously. NOT A JOKE.

Anyhow, one thing I could use some more of is my apple pie! (I may be a little biased, but that's okay because everyone else loved it too!) I made two different sorts of pies this Thanksgiving. I wanted one to be like a classic apple pie, but with a twist and I got my inspiration here.

I was really impressed with how it turned out! All I did was precut the leaves and berries and spooned some watered down dye over them. I set them on wax paper in the fridge for about an hour or two and when I came back they were beautiful shades of green and red!


This is the pie before I put it in the oven. I forgot to take one after it baked!
My idea for what I wanted to do for the other apple pie(s) also came from Pinterest. This link was the most helpful in instructing how to do it. All I did was fill the jar with crust, then apple pie filling, and made a lattice for the top crust! I also decorated all the lids with scrapbook paper using Modge Podge and tied a label on with a ribbon!

I forgot to take a picture before I gave them all out and by the time I remembered there was only one left!


Mmmm... look at that crust!


Everyone said they loved them, but I wouldn't know how it tasted because it was gone before I got a chance to eat any! I took that as a sign that I did well, so I'll let it slide this time. ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...