How To Burn Off Your Fingerprints With A Hot Glue Gun

I have been in the Christmas spirit since the day after Black Friday. I like to start Christmas early, as in before December. But not before Thanksgiving because that would just be too much.

I have been on a non-stop Christmas binge. Christmas movies, Christmas treats, Christmas music. If it has to do with Christmas, I'm doing it! Including making my own tree skirt!


After getting much needed inspiration from Pinterest, I came up with my own version of the oh-so popular ruffle tree skirt!


I was a little worried about how this would turn out because I have never hot-glued fabric before. But it turned out awesome!

Here's what you'll need:
-A yard of fabric for your base (my tree is 6 and 1/2 feet tall and it fit perfect)
-A yard each of two different colored fabric (mine are red and white)
-A ton of hot-glue


I started by cutting my felt piece into a circle with a small circle in the middle. Then I cut my colored fabric into long 3-inch strips. They don't have to be perfect.

Make sure you wrap it around the base of your tree and it's the size you want. Once you've got it to the right size, start hot gluing those strips on like a mad woman!


I didn't have any idea how I was going to create the ruffle effect when I first started, but eventually I got the hang of it. All I did was lay a line of glue down, press the fabric on top, then backtracked and glued a little ruffle over the top of the glued-down fabric. That may not make any sense when you're reading it, but once you start hot-gluing you'll figure it out!
After four and a half hours you'll end up with this!


Please ignore all the crap on the floor. It was like 4 in the morning and I was half asleep and covered in hot glue strings and third-degree burns.


But doesn't it look beautiful?! Here it is under my Christmas tree!


And here it is completely covered where you can't even see it. And not a single one of those are mine...

But anyway! What do you guys think? If you make one, I'd love to see it!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...