From Drab To Fab

To celebrate almost being done with school I have decided to show you guys a dresser makeover I did! All by myself, I might add. :)


Over the course of two months, I somehow finally found the time to give my bedroom dresser a little facelift (please ignore the crap piled on and around it, please). Although I am SO relieved and overjoyed to finally be done with it, this thing was a beast! It is huge!


I mean, seriously. It's massive. I had to have a ladder to even see the top of it!
It took some serious motivation to get the ball rolling on this project. I have painted before, but never such a big piece. It was definitely intimidating, which is why I put it off for so long. But one day to escape some intense boredom (there was nothing on TV), I decided "What the heck?! Let's see what happens!"

So I went to the store to get some paint and primer, brushes, and a ladder and got to work! The color I chose is Valspar's Du Jour. It's a milky cream color and looked beautiful on my dresser! I plan to paint my bed frame this color too someday, whenever I get motivated again.

It looks way more cream colored in this picture than in real life. It's much more white in person.

Quick side note: Zinsser primer is the best stuff ever. Even if you just use one coat, use it!

I had pictures of the drawers with just primer on them to show how much of the dark wood they cover (there's a small one at the bottom), but somehow they have disappeared so you'll just have to take my word for it. I didn't realize how dark this dresser really was until I started putting the primer on. I thought I was going to be painting for weeks to fully cover the dark stain, but all it took was two coats of primer and two coats of paint.


I wanted to really make this piece special though so I decided to add some new hardware (here they are in brass, I had to special order them in pewter) and paint the inside of the drawers!


I love how this dresser turned out! It was so dark and gloomy before and now it's bright and happy and looks perfect in my bedroom!


What do you guys think? Let me know in the comments!

Thanks for stopping by!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...