BOO! With A Little Sparkle

Remember that BOO door hanger I made this week? I'm so happy with how it turned out, but I thought it needed a little something extra! The black of the letters were a little too plain for me. So, I added a little lot of glitter!


It was so simple to do! I had won some Martha Stewart Hexagonal Craft Glitter from The Paper Boutique a long time ago and was saving it for the perfect project. Well, the time had come!

Martha Stewart Hexagonal Craft Glitter
In the top left corner up there, you can see half of the bottle of black glitter. When it sparkles, you can see silver and blue -- it looks beautiful when the light hits it just right! I knew it was what I wanted to use on my letters!



All I did was paint Elmer's glue onto the letters with a paintbrush in a really fine coat and slowly shake the glitter out on top. After it dried for about an hour, I sprayed two coats of clear coat spray paint to make sure the glitter would stay on. I have noticed a little fallout, so I think I will do one more spray but overall, it's stayed on pretty well!

Here's some more pictures!



It really brings out the little sparkle in the ribbon! I love how it turned out!


Have you guys made any Fall or Halloween decorations this year? If so, I'd love to see! Leave me links to your projects in the comments below!

Don't forget to follow my blog by email, Google+, or Bloglovin' on the sidebar!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...