Boo!

This Fall I decided I didn't want to make another wreath. I wanted to do something different. After scouring Pinterest for hours one night, I found my inspiration and came up with this!


I love how it turned out and it was super easy to make! If you want to make one, keep reading below for a tutorial!
What you'll need:
Letters
Ribbon
Twine to tie the letters together
Paint

I didn't take too many pictures because it was so simple to make.

My letters were originally unpainted. I didn't like the grain of the wood showing, so I decided to paint mine black. I'm actually considering putting some black glitter on the letters to make them sparkle some!


After the paint dried, which didn't take very long at all, I cut pieces of twine and wrapped them multiple times around each letters to hang them.


Then I made a simple bow out of some cute burlap I found at Hobby Lobby and tied the twine around the back loop of the bow to hang on a hook. The burlap I have has pumpkins on it, but they have some with leaves too! It has a pretty glittery sheen to it that I love!


After the letters are attached and the bow is made, it's time to hang it up!

This was so simple and fun to make! And super cheap too! I already had the paint and twine. The burlap was kind of expensive but I had a 40% off coupon so it only cost about $3. The letters were about $1 each. I'd say money well spent! 


I even had a little burlap left over and decided to make a little bow to put on the lantern outside my door. It was looking a little sad and naked.


Have you guys made any Halloween or Fall decor this year? If so, I'd love to see pictures!

Don't forget to follow me via Email, Google+, or Bloglovin' to stay updated on my projects!

UPDATE: I added some glitter to my BOO! door hanger! Come check it out here!

BOO! With A Little Sparkle!

I've linked up to a few blogs this week! Check them out!


504 Main
Skip To My Lou
My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia
Monday Funday at TWCS
The DIY Dreamer


2 comments:

  1. You are always so creative!! Thanks for linking up to Tickled Pink Times Two!!
    Make it a pink day :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, thanks for stopping by! I will be a regular at the linky parties for the foreseeable future so can't wait to join up to more! :) Feel free to follow me!

      Alex

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...