DIY Jewelry Organizer

I don't know about you guys, but I have way too much jewelry and almost no where to put it! It's not that I wear jewelry a lot. I just can't help myself when I see a beautiful necklace. And don't even get me started on buy 1, get 1 sales! I like to tell myself I'm building up a nice collection for when I become a teacher and have to dress nice. :)


Because of this collection I've accumulated, I needed a place to put them. More importantly though, I needed some organization to the madness! So, inspired by a pin I saw almost a year ago of a typeset tray turned into a jewelry organizer, I went on the hunt for my own to makeover!


I don't have a lot of wall space in my one bedroom apartment, so I was trying to figure out where I was going to but a big typeset tray! Luckily though, I found a smaller one that was perfect! It was already stained a lovely dark brown so all it needed was a new knob up top and some hooks!


I added some hooks to the bottom to hang necklaces and my watch on! They were kind of a pain to screw in, so my sweet boyfriend helped me out. I believe he tapped them gently with a hammer to get them started and then screwed them in the rest of the way by hand.


He then added a few hooks to the back piece of wood the same way to hang my dangly earrings on. I don't have a lot of dangly earrings so the other little cubbies I just set my studs and rings in.


After all the hooks are in, I added a simple blue knob that I got from Hobby Lobby for $1.50! Score!


And hanging directly above it is my sunflower painting that I painted with my cousin when she came to visit me for Spring Break this year! We went to Spirited Art, a painting studio where they teach you step-by-step how to paint their pictures! It was so much fun and I love how mine (and hers!) turned out so I had to show it off!

And you can see on the side, I have a bunch of my scarves hung up on my wall too. Let's just say that I may have a problem with scarves too. ;)


I love that all of my jewelry is in one place now instead of sitting tangled on my dresser or hung on doorknobs of every door! I now know where everything is and because of that, I wear my jewelry more often!

I would love to know how you guys have your jewelry organized! Especially bracelets, cause I'm still working on that one! Let me know in the comments below!

Don't forget to follow me by clicking the buttons below! Thanks for stopping by!


4 comments:

  1. Wow you are so creative! This is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Chelsee! Thanks to Pinterest I have a huge list of projects I want to and will do! It gets my creative juices flowing! :)

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks! I found the idea on Pinterest and knew I had to make one!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...