Fall Hydrangea Wreath

Now that Halloween's over, it's time to take down my Boo door hanger. As always, I waited until last minute to make my wreath I was going to put up. :)

However, I am very pleased with what I came up with and how it turned out!


I was inspired by this pin I found a few months ago on Pinterest.



I love hydrangeas and it looked like an easy DIY project (which was a key factor since it was Halloween night and I wanted my Boo sign down by morning).

To make this wreath, all you need is:
medium size wreath base
6 hydrangea flowers (3 each of 3 different colors)
hot glue gun and lots of hot glue
ribbon for a bow
wire for the bow


After I got all of my supplies, I bent the stems of the flowers and laid them out on the wreath base so I would have an idea of how I wanted the arrangement. Make sure to do this before you cut the stems. You might need more or less depending on the size of the flowers and wreath.


Then, I cut the stems fairly close to the flower. I made sure to leave about 1/2" so I had something to glue to the wreath.


Here's an idea of how much stem I left.


Once you get them all cut and have a small pile of hydrangeas in your living room floor, it's time to get gluing!

I covered the ends in a lot of hot glue and them stuck them one at a time on the wreath. A couple of mine were too squished together in spaces which left gaps in others. It was easy to take them off and re-glue them, so if you come across the same problem, don't worry! It's an easy fix!


After I had them all glued, I hung it up to see how I liked it! The colors looked so pretty! I was already in love! But...you know me. It needed more!

So, I made a bow!


I had some leftover brown glitter ribbon from the burlap wreath I made my sister. It was the perfect size and color to add to my wreath! 


I think the glitter adds a nice touch and some more dimension!

On the original wreath that inspired mine, there were leaves that went all around the back. I had a bunch of leaves that came on the stems with the flowers, but my boyfriend accidentally threw them out thinking they were trash. What do you guys think? Do you think I should leave it as is or add the leaves?


I think the green of the leaves would look so pretty with the browns and reddish orange of the flowers! I'm leaning towards adding them. :)


I had a few hydrangeas leftover, so I added them to a new vase I found at TJ Maxx. You may remember seeing it in my post about my table makeover! I think I may need to slow down on the hydrangeas for a while and start buying other kinds of flowers before my apartment is full of them! They're so pretty though so they're hard to resist!


Have you made a Fall wreath this year or any other Fall crafts! I'd love to see them! Leave me some links in the comments!

Don't forget to follow me! The links are up top and the bottom of this post!



2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...