A Little Bit of Everything

As you may have noticed, I haven't posted in about a week. This next week is finals, and I have had a ton of stuff due this week and lots of studying to do to prepare for next week! As much as I love my blog and posting, school comes first and sometimes that means taking a break for a week or so to make sure I get everything finished.

The view from my apartment bedroom. This is from this morning and it's getting worse by the minute!
I do have some good news though. We are under a winter storm warning here in Arkansas, so that means school was cancelled yesterday and it's closed today as well! It might even be closed Monday as well, because there's another storm coming through. I was missing writing on my blog so much, so I had to take some time today to post - even if it is just a random post about what's been going on lately!

How was everyone's Thanksgiving? Mine was great! I spent time with my aunts, uncles, and cousins in Texas in their beautiful new homes! The food was delicious but most of all, I enjoyed getting to see my family, who I don't get to see that often since they live so far away!

One thing you might not know about me is that my family and I go Black Friday shopping every year!

This is from 2008! As you can see, we even had T-shirts made that year!
It's become a family tradition that we love! Not necessarily because of the shopping, but because of the laughs we have and the funny moments we share!

This year, I had two items on my wishlist - an iPad Air (my iPad broke while I was in Texas!) and a North Face jacket for myself and J. I found neither of them. Major Black Friday fail! I still had fun though! And my family made out much better than me! Here's some pictures from the trip!

We got in line at Target at 4PM after Thanksgiving lunch and they opened at 8. The line was very, very long but we got there early enough that we were very close to the front!


This is my aunt and cousin's shopping carts! The carts were stacked so high that I couldn't even see in front of me!

Here we are waiting on my uncle to come pick our stuff up to go on to the next store! We bought 5 TVs between all of us (not including myself) and there was no way it was going to fit in our cars!


Turns out my uncle went to the wrong Target, so we got a lot of weird stares waiting on the sidewalk outside of Target with our stuff! When he got there, we stuffed the Jeep until there was no more room! We had to lay the seats down and everything was stacked so high you couldn't see out of the back!

We went to a bunch more places, but I didn't take pictures. We came home to rest at around 5AM I think and took about an hour nap. Then we went out for round 2 and finally came home around 4PM that night. It was so much fun but I was SO tired!

I wish I had a project to show you guys, but I haven't had time to do any this week. My sister has though!


She made these cute DIY Christmas cards last week at a Christmas party she planned for her pages! They are so adorable and she said they were pretty easy too! If you're in the DC area, I would check out Paper Source! That's where she got the scrapbook paper for the ornaments and I think she got the washi tape there as well! My favorite is the reindeer (when I post pictures of my tree, you'll understand why it's my favorite)!

These cards are a great idea if you're wanting to add a personal touch to your Christmas cards!


Or if your like me and have no time to make your own, Target has a ton of cute options! I had trouble picking because they were all so pretty, so I chose two! This is the first year J and I are doing Christmas cards, and between finals and the ice storm, I probably won't get them out until the week before Christmas!


One last thing I had to share! Conway now has the biggest tree in Arkansas! It's 54 feet tall and looks beautiful when lit up! The best part though is that I get to drive by it everyday on my way to work! I love it!

After this week, I should be back to my normal schedule of posting! I can't wait to show you guys my Christmas tree and the new ornaments I bought while I was at Target!

Thanks for stopping by!

Don't forget to enter the giveaway for a gift card to Sephora or Ulta worth $165 here!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...