Arkansas Love

Wow! It's been awhile since I've posted!

School has been crazy lately. I've probably written 10 papers in the past month! And as you know, school always comes first so that means blogging has to be put on hold sometimes. Only a few more months until summer though and then I'll have time to blog all the time!

Today, I have a quick tutorial using Silhouette Studio. I don't know how many of you have familiarized yourselves with the Modify window, but I use it almost every time I'm in Silhouette Studio. This tutorial is going to be dealing with the Subtract tool.

For this tutorial I wanted to use two simple shapes to help keep things easy to understand. I used my Arkansas shape and a little heart. I filled them in with different colors so it's easier to see.


Once you have your shapes, click on over to the Modify window. I laid my little heart over the center of the state and hit the Subtract button.

Side note: I don't know if you guys noticed this or not, but when you hover over a button it gives a little brief description of the tool. How awesome is that?


Once you hit Subtract, you immediately see that the black heart disappeared and there is a hole in it's place. Now when you cut it, it will cut out the outline of the state and the little heart in the middle!


There are so many different ways you can use this tool! It's definitely one of the tools I use the most!

Just recently, I used this shape by American Crafts and cut my last name initial out of the middle of it.


Here's the cutout. Doesn't that look awesome? I just love it!


Totally unrelated to this tutorial on the Subtract tool, but I also made this Arkansas shape using this tutorial on welding. It's so cute! I plan on cutting it out in vinyl and sticking it to the back of my new car!

Welding Tutorial

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...