Easter Wreath

Last year I made an Easter wreath, but it just didn't turn out like I wanted it to. This year I decided to add a cute little banner to it and now I absolutely love it!




This banner was so simple to make! I used my Silhouette Cameo and it took me less than an hour!

To do this project I used the Print and Cut feature, so don't forget to turn on your registration marks! I don't normally use this because I love scrapbook paper, but I really fell in love with these coordinating patterns!

I used a banner shape I already had in my library (I can't remember if this is one that came on the machine or if I downloaded it from somewhere but it's just simple triangles). I adjusted the size to be proportional to my wreath.


To add patterns to your library, simply open up your Library window and click on My Patterns. Then, drag your pictures/patterns into the window! Now when you open your Fill Pattern window, your added patterns will be under My Patterns (as you can see in the image above).


I printed my banners on smooth white cardstock. Once they were printed, I drew two perforated lines across the top of the banners so they will be foldable.

Now it's time to cut! In the Cut Settings window I choose to only cut the red lines. These will both be perforated. Then, I cut a second time choosing the pink and white lines, which are my banners. These cut as straight lines.


Here you can see the straight lines cut around the banner and the perforated line running across the top.


Using that same cardstock, I cut out the words happy Easter in a Serif font.


After everything was cut, I glued the letters to the banner triangles and glued those to some twine.


I love the blue and pink with the green eggs and moss!


I got this little bird's nest at a craft fair a few years ago and I'm so glad I finally have a reason to use it!


Have you made any Easter crafts? I'd love to see them! Feel free to leave me links or pictures in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...